Healthcare costs are rising faster than inflation. With multiple factors that drive up a company's healthcare costs, it is unlikely this trend will change. These factors include:
- Aging populations with higher utilization and costs
- Social factors and lifestyle that contribute to higher utilization patterns and care decisions
- Medical technology and innovation that improve outcomes but require higher upfront costs
- Drug spending, especially for high cost specialty drugs
- Payment models, including narrow PPO networks and value-based reimbursement arrangements
HealthSmart can help. We offer a focused, innovative approach to bending the cost curve.
When plan sponsors choose HealthSmart Benefit Solutions, Care Management, HSRx Solutions and our superior HealthSmart Preferred PPO network, member data is shared to provide an integrated, holistic approach to manage all aspects of member healthcare.
While the average healthcare trend has risen by 6 to 7.5 percent annually over the past four years, HealthSmart customers see their medical cost trend decrease over their first four years.
Contact us to learn how HealthSmart can help you take control of rising healthcare costs, just like we have for hundreds of other self-funded plans!